Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wadsworth Atheneum

Ugh, I have been chained to this computer working on albums and proofs...not to mention trying to stay cool! These massive heat waves...wow!

I decided to take a little break and pack up the kids and head out to the museum in Hartford - now mind you, they don't like kids' museums...they like art museums! I am, of course, in heaven! But I'll tell you, you haven't seen art like you see it through a child's eyes -- the comments the kids have amazes me! It's either something in a Dali I never saw before, or the brush strokes of a Monet, or the lines in a Miro...they even think the Lawrence Tree by O'Keefe is a lobster! I love it!
So we headed out (and I grabbed my camera! Thank you for the photo pass!) and stopped and picked up my grandmother along the way (83 years old and still hitting the museums with her great-grandchildren!) -- she learned a thing or two about Picasso from Alexandra!

Here are some pics from that trip. The final pic is of Traveler's Tower from my parking spot - I love the sky when it looks like that! I almost felt like we were a part of a painting!




No comments: