Thursday, September 25, 2008

Batteries...

Batteries pain me...I am always cringing when I have to shell out $20 for 4 that will last in one flash for one wedding (I use 3 flashes per wedding, do the math!). It also pains me that they get tossed after every wedding - I feel like not only am I throwing away money, but where the batteries end up!

I use Canon cameras and they have rechargable batteries (unlike Nikon, I believe, who uses AA) - so not really a problem with the cameras...but the flashes...

So I investigated options! Right now I currently own a battery pack that handles the flashes that I use (I am "tethered" to the pack so I cannot share!) but I still feel that's not enough. I strongly dislike the consumer brand rechargeable batteries because the flash drains them too quickly.

I just ordered a new (well, new to me) brand of rechargeable batteries and a smart charger (which means they don't need to be drained to be recharged). Problem solved with the money wasting and I'm also continuing to KEEP THE EARTH GREEN!! :) Whew!

No comments: