Saturday, August 16, 2008

Paper or Fabric?

Do you remember back in the day when grocery stores would ask, "paper or plastic?" Then that dropped out of fashion because paper was too expensive...now plastic is no longer good for the environment.

So now I have decided to do away with plastic altogether! Starting today, I will no longer hand purchases in plastic bags but in fabric bags that I have made out of scrap fabric! I found this really cool lady who makes these bags and donates them so that people can use them for grocery shopping. She was kind enough to post her pattern and I copied it and adjusted it according to my customers' needs and voila! A new GREENER bag!

Along these lines, I am offering all clients of Parsons Photography and Nifi's Wedding Planning a chance to recycle their garments for totes (wedding dresses, slips, petticoats, bridesmaid dresses, mothers' dresses, anything that you can provide at least 1 yard of) to hold their wedding albums (all Parsons Photography clients automatically get a canvas monogrammed tote with album purchase, you now have the option to have one made).

Please email me if you have any questions about these new bags and if you would like one recycled with your fabric!

Here are a couple of quick pics of the one I made this morning for Mary picking up her engagement album - she doesn't know about this yet as she will be here in a half hour! LOL!

No comments: