Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cute Poem

I had a good chuckle this morning when I received an email from AWFPI (Association for Wedding Professionals International).

* "TWAS THE BRIDE"
'Twas the night before New Years
And all through the house,
The girlfriend was angry
She wasn't a spouse!

She hoped for the joy
That Christmas would bring.
But Christmas had passed,
And she still had no ring!

They'd been together
For over two years.
Long-term commitment-
That must be his fear.

She thought, "That's the reason
That I'm still single.
I'm breaking it off!
Then the phone gave a jingle.

"Come outside," said the voice,
And then went away.
She opened the door,
And there was a sleigh!

He wisked her away,
Grinned like a fox
Got down on one knee
And opened the box.

T'was the first day of New Year
Her eyes opened wide.
"Yesterday, I'm a girlfriend.
Today, I'm a bride!"

She started to panic
"There's so much to do!
To plan a whole wedding.
What do I do?

How do I afford
Everything that I need
To end up with the wedding
Of which I have dreamed?"

Then she remembered
That magazine page,
A F W P I dot com
Before she was engaged.

Her eyes, how they twinkled!
Her smile seemed to glow!"
I can plan everything
At the Bridal Expo !"

Reception hall! Caterer!
Florist and tux!
Save money, save time,
And no acid reflux!

Video! DJ! Photo!
Limousine & Gown!
I won't have to be running
All over the town!"

So she called her attendants
To the shows they all flew.
Ate catering samples
And wedding cake, too!

And I heard her exclaim
Holding prizes she won,
"I found all that I need
Now my planning is done!"

Richard Markel adapted a poem sent to him by Will Haggerty of Bridal Fashion Debut in Arizona for the original. Thank you both for the laugh!

No comments: