Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday, Evanthea!


Once people learn that I have small children, the first question asked is "how do they handle you working weddings?". I always answer that they were born into the business and don't know anything else! I owned my wedding businesses before I was pregnant with my oldest, I worked up until 3 weeks before I had Alexandra (yes, I was a house!) and 2 weeks before I had Evanthea. See, they chose the busiest time to be born for the children of a wedding vendor...Alexandra was born in May and Evanthea was born in September! ;)

Birthdays are huge to little kids and I don't take that away from mine. They get their fun themed parties, family time, special dinners, and (of course) presents!! It's just sometimes we have to schedule around Mommy's weddings!!

Every year they pick out their own theme of party. This year, Evanthea chose Wizard of Oz


Here she is at birth!
I think this is my favorite photo. Ever. Evanthea was crying (we know now that her food allergies and other health issues started at birth) and her big sister (16 month old Alexandra) wanted to help sooth her. Alexandra only knew that Elmo made her feel better...so she brought her baby a small Elmo to make her feel better!
Here's Evanthea with ElmoFirst birthday party (Winnie the Pooh) and my first attempt at allergy free cupcakes (they were pretty gross, thankfully she didn't have anything to compare them to!!).
Second birthday - she wanted a ride on the carousel!
Third birthday - we combined the girls' birthdays to one party with two themes. Alexandra chose High School Musical...
and Evanthea chose Doodlebops! Here she is as DeeDee Doodle and Alexandra is Jazz!

On her actual birthday, we spent the day at the mall...here she is lamenting the fact that her sister is at school and she's not...4th birthday - party theme was Photo Party. She wasn't happy to learn that a photo party didn't mean she gets to take all of the photos!!

Happy birthday to my sweet baby girl!

2 comments:

ESTOccasions said...

This is such a wonderful post. Plus I think you give your kids the best thing in the world. Showing them you can balance a business and a family. What a wonderful lesson to learn. :)

Me said...

Oh Diane! I'm teary-eyed looking at the pictures where Alexandra brought her a small elmo doll. What an amazing big sister.

And not to forget the birthday girl! Evanthea looks BEAUTIFUL as Dorothy! What a magical birthday!!!