Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My kids, the rock stars!

I love my kids - they are lovable, cuddly, silly, thoughtful, sassy, smart, witty, and the one true way to test my patience! They are 4 and 5 1/2 - sometimes I think they're teenagers ("mo-om! Puh-lease!!"), sometimes I remember they're my babies ("Mommy, I had a bad dream. Can I snuggle you?"), sometimes I think they're stand up comics ("why did the Peanut butter cross the road? To get to the Chicken's house!")...ok, so they think they're stand up comics! But I love them just the same!

Some of you may know that my husband is a guitar player (that is actually how we met - at a bar where he played and I ran!!); he is, in fact, a very talented musician (makes me mad because he can pick up any instrument in the AM and know songs by dinner time...that's the truth, I saw him do it with my alto sax!). Thankfully he passed that talent on to our kids! That coupled with my passion for the arts (music included...I used to play piano, clarinet, bass clarinet, and alto sax) has given us two wonderfully passionate talented little girls!

This past weekend was a big deal for the girls. Friday, they had their school Christmas Concert where they both got up on stage and sang songs with their respective classes. Alexandra sang with the kindergarten like a pro! Never stage fright for this girl - she was only upset she wasn't asked to line up with Aidan (he boyfriend)! Evanthea had a little stage fright immediately before going on stage, but once she was up there she sang her little heart out and worked the crowd! Her preschool class sang two songs and then performed "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" in sign language - with everything that she has been going through with her ear difficulties, this brought tears to my eyes.


Alexandra with her class singing

Evanthea coming out with her class

Signing "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"
On Saturday, the girls had their very first piano recital. They have been taking music classes with Miss Paula Penna at Music Makers Academy in Manchester for years and this year was their first year for private piano lessons. Once again, they stole the show! Alexandra forgot one of her books for her pieces but decided to sightread an older piece - very proud of her!
And a courtesy worthy of the Queen!Then Evanthea had a little bout of stage fright, which, too quickly passed. She surprised us with two pieces when she was only planning on one!

Here they are with Miss Paula, their instructor!
Congrats to all of the kids who performed!!
I love my kids! :)

No comments: