Friday, January 2, 2009

Magic Tree House

Imagine picking up a book, seeing an intriguing photo in the book, wishing you could go there...then with a whirl you're there. Every night that happens in our house - tonight we went to Hawaii and witnessed a tsunami.

My kids are really into the book series, The Magic Tree House by Mary Pope Osborn - and I have to admit that I'm into them as well! Evanthea (at age 3) usually falls asleep before chapter 2 but Alexandra (age 4 "and a half" -- as I am reminded) gives me her rapt attention until the last page. They're great stories about two kids who found a magic tree house in the woods and they find books that take them to magical places just by wishing on the photo. Could you imagine doing that? Pointing to a photo and wishing you were there...

I guess as a photographer, that's what we aim to to: bring viewers into our photos. I hope many of you wish on our photos, or at least have them take you somewhere magical! :)

No comments: