Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Penguin Plunge for Special Olympics

Yup, Patrick is doing it! He's jumping in for some funraising money! We also will be volunteer photographers at the event. If you're interested in donating money or just stopping by to watch Patrick freeze his sanity off, here's the details he sent out in an email:

"Well, i must be crazy because i've descided to take the plunge and do a polar bear swim! Well, in this case, ite a Penguin Plunge, but who is really arguing over semantics about a dip into barely above freezing water at Crystal Lake in Middle town CT. The cause is for CT Special Olympics, and there's a catch, Oh Yes! There's a catch!The catch is, I have to raise 50$ minimum in donations to take the plunge, No amount of begging or pleading on my part will allow me to dip my trunks into the water on Feburary 21 without it (well, a credit card will, but i'm hardly dumb enough to front the money for my OWN deep freeze, am i?) They will just turn me back to the cold hard streets with nary a drop of water on my big toe unless i SHOW DEM DA MONEY! so heres where you can help out. Visit my personal fund raising page at: http://soct.convio.net/site/TR/Events/General?px=1162202&pg=personal&fr_id=1835 and make a donation, it can be small, it can be large, and every little bit moves me up the ranks and goes to a good cause, (if you need a better cause then being the responsible party for me losing my pinky toe to hypothermia.) and i dont even have to get my hands dirty with that cash thats been in you wallet. And we all know where your wallets been, dont we? My goal is 100$ but as ambitious as that is, nothing over 50$ will make me any wetter, although i might be dumb enough to extend my time in the chill for every 50$ over that minimum! So get in the action and throw me to the minnows, if there are any out of hibernation at that time!"

No comments: