Wednesday, February 3, 2010


So this is Liss and I'm part of the Parson's Photography family. AND... this is my ONLY wedding photo from 6 years ago!!! This is my official do over wedding announcement AND my very first blog post!

So February is a busy month for me as it is. My birthday, my oldest son’s birthday, Valentine’s Day AND my wedding anniversary! My poor husband! So to announce that we are going to have a wedding is probably the craziest thing to do right now but, if there is one thing I’ve learned from being a mom and a wife and a photographer… things will NEVER slow down! So just jump in! We made that jump by deciding on a date, August 27th, 2011. The rest is all up for discussion!

My husband Tommy and I met through mutual friends. I had grown up with the wife and he worked with the husband. It didn’t take us long to fall in love and move in together. We were twitter pated! I had a son from a previous relationship and Tommy had no problem with that at all, he loves kids. In fact, we decided that we wanted to have a family and a child of our own right away but he didn’t want to do things backwards. He wanted us to be married before we had a baby so we did! We jumped in! We found a great lady who ran a local photography studio (hmmm…) who was also a Justice of the Peace. She was great and we were married in no time! The following October we had our son, Thomas.

The sad thing about having the quick ceremony was we both missed out on having our family involved, having a party to celebrate with our friends and creating memories to share with our children when they got older. All I have is one disposable camera photo of my husband and I and Aiden, my oldest. It’s a cherished photo but not exactly something I would put on the mantle. It’s horrid, just horrid. My husband is a much more handsome man than what he is portrayed as in that photo. And like and addict, the first step is admitting you have a problem. I am Liss and I have a crappy wedding photo! HELP!!!!

Sadly, ever since then either one of us is not in the photo or… well that seems to be the problem! There are maybe 2 or 3 photos of my husband and I together since we were married. Obviously being a photographer I have a hard time being in photos but I never realized until now how few and far between they really were. I think we owe it to ourselves and our two boys to leave better photographic memories than that.

Luckily I have a husband who wants to give our family those memories. He wants to have the wedding I always dreamed of and I’m very excited after 6 years of marriage (on Friday), to announce that I will be having a wedding! I am officially a bride-to-be and will be Diane’s worst nightmare! J Speaking of Diane, I am VERY honored to have her be our photographer! The Parson’s team is a creative force and I would trust no other photographers with my special day! Will they be able to deal with me? Only time will tell!

Stay tuned for future announcements, this is going to be a blast to plan and I want everyone’s input as the countdown winds down. There are many special ideas floating around and when it’s time to make them public, I want everyone’s opinion! Shortly we will be announcing bridal party line ups and you don’t want to miss that! Big news! Of course as soon as Diane and I can find a 5 minute break in our schedules we’ll be doing our first engagement session!

Wish us (and especially Diane) luck as we get the ball rolling on this one!

~Liss

No comments: