Monday, November 8, 2010

Inspiration through a broken arm

Odd post title, isn't it?
Well, some of you may know, my 5 year old daughter recently broke her arm. We have been visiting the orthopedics's office quite regularly and Evanthea decided she wanted to go for X Rays by herself - so I waited in the room and started flipping through a magazine.

Real Simple magazine to be exact. I stopped at this page and stared. I love it! I love the intricacy and the simplicity at the same time. So I grabbed my phone and snapped a shot of the page to ponder...
I wanted to do something like it. But who brings a flamingo to a wedding? Or where can I get one in Coventry?

So I did the next best thing - I used the concept and applied it to my hot boudoir session last night! I think this is my favorite boudoir shot ever. Thank you Real Simple magazine; thank you to the creative photographer who thought of it (wish I could give full credit - but it's the November issue of Real Simple); thank you Dr. Bissell's office for having this magazine in the office; and I guess this is the silver lining to the weekly X Rays! ;)

No comments: