Wednesday, April 8, 2009

New England Weather...


Mark Twain has been attributed to the phrase, "if you don't like the weather in New England, wait a minute" (he actually did not say that, but there's a great speech he did say "I reverently believe that the Maker who made us all makes everything in New England but the weather. I don't know who makes that, but I think it must be raw apprentices in the weather-clerk's factory who experiment and learn how, in New England, for board and clothes, and then are promoted to make weather for countries that require a good article, and will take their custom elsewhere if they don't get it." - makes me giggle! Source http://www.islandnet.com/~see/weather/arts/twain1.htm).

Aside from the point that Mark Twain is my all time favorite author - I love these quotes because of the accuracy! New England is a world all its own (actually, not many people know where New England is...when I lived in Chicago, many people were boggled when New England made it to the Superbowl and I tried to tell everyone that I am from New England as well as CT...) - today's weather is proof. I woke up to the weatherman saying, "yes, snowflakes from Litchfield Hills to Coventry" - Coventry? I'm in Coventry!! It's April 8 and they're talking snow...

so I ran outside in my jammies (quite a sight you didn't want to see!) donned with my camera. No snow, but I found ice...on top of the garbage cans...

sigh, spring when will you ever get here?

No comments: