Sunday, May 17, 2009

Alexandra's 5th Birthday Party

At the risk of sounding like my mom - I can't believe my baby's grown up. My oldest, Alexandra, will be 5 on Wednesday. It seems like last week I was pregnant with her.

Following in her mother's footsteps (in more ways than one...), Alexandra is a party planner at heart. Every year she chooses her theme for her party and decides what to do, where to go, and everything theme related (I kid you not, it started at 2 with Elmo...).

This year her original choice was carousel - we had planned to have her party at the carousel. There was some mis-communication at the beginning of the planning process and we decided to find an alternate. We went to Buckland Hills Mall to speak with them about their carousel and Alexandra saw a sign for Build A Bear...so we booked and planned her party in 15 minutes right then and there. Then we took some photographs for her invitation (which I ordered that night!).
I have to say that this was probably the best choice for parties so far! The kids had a blast! they chose their animals, then paraded around the store to stuff, tie, and love them!
My children have also inherited my impatience...I think I looked like this while my mom photographed my brother an I. Seriously, she is rolling her eyes at me! LOL!
Yes, my husband had fun too! He hopped on his black stallion and rode off into the sunset...or with the kids!
Evanthea even dragged me up! I have always loved the carousel, it's been one of my favorites since childhood! I enjoy riding with the girls!

Alexandra's cake was a three layer chocolate fudge cake with raspberry creme filling and "butter"cream frosting - the best part was it was wheat free, dairy free and soy free and ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Many of the parents were impressed and finding excuses to try the bakery! It's called Dee's One Smart Cookie in Glastonbury! YUM!
Stay tuned for Alexandra's flashback! If I have a spare moment, I'll post some photos highlighting the past 5 years!

We love you, Sanda!

No comments: