Monday, May 25, 2009

Jenn & Mike's Wedding Day

Jenn & Mike's wedding day -how can I describe it? Simple, elegant, gorgeous, eventful! :)

It was eventful because of the weather...we started our day in Hamden, where the mother of the groom lives. It was sunny, warm and beautiful! Then we made our way to Glastonbury and met up with some ugly thunderstorms!




While we were waiting for the guys at the hotel, this was the perfect view...it was torrential downpours five minutes before I took this pic - two storms meeting, but giving us enough time to take some outdoor photos of the guys!

What I really love about my assistant, Heather, is she has really cool toys! :) She brought her fish eye lens and I have to say that this one is one of my favorites!! It's too bad she's a Nikon...else we'd be swapping equipment! ;)Then the second storm came in (was it the second or the 70th?) during the ceremony!
A little rain won't stop us from getting outdoor formals! So I got a little wet!! This was the location where Mike & Jenn were supposed to get married, so of course it's a perfect location for formals!
This is for the groomsman that "wanted that shot in black and white"! Not sure who it was, but I heard it over my shoulder! :)One of my favorite shots - Jenn had a spectacular dress!Mike had seen a photo of mine from another wedding where the guys were kicking back having a cigar and that was the one shot (ok, one of many...but he really wanted it!) he wanted. Because of the rain, we couldn't "kick back" so we hung out in front! This one is for you, Mike!
Always with horrible thunderstorms comes amazing sunsets! We timed this one perfectly!And they rode off into the sunset! :)

Congratulations, Jenn & Mike! Enjoy your honeymoon!!

And don't forget to leave your comments and vote for photo of the year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did such an amazing job! The wedding photos turned out gorgeous. Can't wait to see all of them. :)