Sunday, July 19, 2009

Introducing our photographers

Within the past few months, Dave & I have welcomed some new and wonderful photographers to our staff! I have been wanted to post a welcome so you, our readers, could have an opportunity to meet everyone...but the challenge has always been the fact that we're always behind the camera, not in front of it!

First, I'll explain this picture below before I introduce everyone! Yesterday's wedding (Meghan & Nick) had a photo booth. We always hop in to test it out to make sure settings, backdrops, etc are set. One of us will hop in, make a silly face then grab the bride and groom for their test shots. Yesterday, all three of us jumped in with our cameras - we had 5 seconds each photo to figure out what we're doing! Not bad for a bunch of photogs? :)

So, on to the introductions!

Tall guy in the back - the other Parsons of Parsons Photography! Dave Parsons, the love of my life! Yes, we work well together! ;) Dave's photographic background is strong with details and photojournalism. Dave likes to blend in with the guests and then catch "that shot". Dave is also our Photo Booth Guy! He is usually the official attendant and works as a third photographer when the photo booth is rented.

Heather Whitehouse is the fiery redhead who shoots Nikon! Heather has become my right hand lady...my "Gal Friday"...my friend. Heather & I share a challenging zodiac sign and we're fortunate to be on the compatible side of Geminis! Heather comes from a background of fine art photographer and she brings such a beautifully unique perspective to our weddings! And she's lots of fun to be around!

And last - that's me! (That's my favorite lens too!) You've heard all about me (you can read it on the website too) so I won't bore you! :)
We also have two other photographers that work with us. Dave Field is newer to Parsons Photography, but definitely not new to photography. Dave (my hubby) has been photo-friends with Dave F. for at least 5 years, they used to go on shoots together. Dave F. is obssessed with lighting and how to make the same pose be a different photo by changing the direction of the light - we love what we've seen! Here's Dave helping out a local fisherman...actually it was the brother of the bride (check out Becky & Rich's photos for the story!)

And we have a cross-over vendor! Vinnie Nadeau crosses over in many different ways - I first met Vinnie as a DJ (he works with After Hours DJ Entertainment), then we photographed his wedding (see Cheryl & Vinnie's photos), then Vinnie decided he wanted to learn photography on the side! It seemed a natural progression to take him on! Vinnie has a great eye - he's very creative and he knows the moments to grab! Here's Vinnie showing his stuff as a DJ with Bert Fonseca!

As we are in full swing wedding season, we are thrilled to have this great group of friends and photographers working with us! Love you all! MWAH!! :)

No comments: