Monday, August 10, 2009

Alexa's Bridal Shower

Thursday, Alexa & Pete had their engagement session...Alexa stopped by my house to use the bathroom...my work calendar is next to the bathroom. I cringed a little when she paused in front of it - thinking she saw "Alexa's shower"...it was a surprise! Luckily there was so much other stuff on there to distract her, she didn't see it! :)

By far, this was my favortie gift! At first look, I loved the colors and the wrapping; I loved it even more when Alexa opened it. Every gift is attached to a recipe and that gift somehow corresponds to the recipe - for example, a bag of chocolate chips had a chocolate chip cookie recipe attached to it. And some of the items were wrapped in brightly colored linens. LOVE IT!My little friend, Caitlin the flower girl! She was singing and dancing for me! Can't wait to see her at the wedding!
Caitlin was just too cute...she kept "helping" Alexa with her gifts. The balloons were regifted a few times, and so was the decorations. She must have given Alexa a palm tree at least 10 times...3 of which she wrapped it in a gift bag, twice it was wrapped in a pink tissue. All the while, she was so serious doing it!
Do you know the tradition with breaking ribbons at the shower? For ever ribbon the bride breaks, it's a child. Alexa broke 5 (two of which were on the same gift, so we're guessing twins). Alexa really wanted to break 50...those of you who know Alexa are laughing before you finish reading. THose of you who don't...trust me, it's pretty tongue in cheek! :)

Here's that cute monkey of the palm tree, he's a ring holder too - Caitlin's thinking practical gifts! Alexa's sister, Monica was in charge of the games - what fun!
I think this was her hair trial?
It says it all! :)
Before and after...and rabbit ears! :)

Congrats Alexa! We'll be seeing you soon! :)

No comments: