Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Last Mirage in Vegas

My last day in Las Vegas last week was spent on the strip. The weather was glorious -sunny with a light breeze; my classes were finished, I was all alone, and I was in heaven! My husband and kids gave me the task to head back to the Mirage and pick them up some more Beatles souvenirs (if you're a fan on Facebook, you would already know of my obsession with "Love" - the Cirque du Soliel interpretation of the Beatles songs). So I walked from MGM to Mirage...stopped a few times along the way (but that's another post). But I made it!

One of the lounges at the Mirage is Revolution - I love the use of the name! Too cute! I almost wanted to have a drink in a "O" just to say I did!

Then I ducked inside the "Secret Garden" of Sigfried & Roy. What a fascinating place! They had dolphins, cheetahs, lions, tigers (no bears...for all of you "oh my" fans...), and other neat animals! I spent about an hour just watching and photographing the animals! Obviously, the dolphins were my favs!



I just wanted to scratch this guy behind the ears!!
These playful little cubs sent a little chill in in the air - every single person in the garden spoke of the unfortunate accident that took their owners out of the Vegas spotlight. They were cute to watch, but we were all reminded that they are not exactly house cats!


Stay tuned for more Vegas pics!

No comments: