Monday, June 21, 2010

Moments and Thanks

This past Saturday, I pulled out of the driveway of Wethersfield Country Club...thinking about how comfy my bed was going to feel. I was exhausted after working a wedding, and engagement shoot then the party... and then my mind wandered back to the party - I just left a 40th anniversary party where I was introduced as "does she look familiar? She better look familiar - think back three weeks ago!" followed by hugs and kisses - it was awesome to be welcomed not only like a family member but as a family member. That introduction was from Bob, who was Kate's father (click here for their teasers) and the brother of the anniversary couple.

It got me thinking about all of our couples and clients and how we integrate ourselves into their most intimate moment of their lives. I'm not going to tell you how many weddings I've cried at because I am so close with our couples!! This past weekend, both Jess and I confessed to getting teary eyed during the spectacular waterfront ceremony of Tracey & Rob. We love it - we love sharing these times with our couples!

But I have to say that my epiphany Saturday night, on route 91N was truly humbling. Way inside the depths of my head, the voice I thought was long lost spoke; 7th grade insecure Diane really spoke in her timid little voice and said, "they picked me". I felt like I was in gym class again and being chosen in one of the first rounds. That was my revelation - these couples and families and guests chose me. I cannot express enough gratitude and thanks to all of those who chose me to share their special occasions with them.

From the bottom of my heart, I would like to thank everyone for allowing me to come into your lives, come into your hearts and document the most important moments of your lives. Each and every one of you have touched me dearly and have made an impact on my life.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Kia said...

It is easy for me as an outsider to know why they pick you. You are funny, have a great talent and love for what you do! You welcome each client in and speak for them as the photographer without losing focus (yes a little photography pun) on why you are really there. Your clients are lucky to be able to have someone like you capture just a moment of their lives.