Monday, August 30, 2010

Summer Photo Challenges Part 5 (Diane's last one!)

This is my (Diane) final post on the summer photo challenge! I couldn't resist this one - my kids picked out touchable bubbles from the Mystic Seaport gift shop. I figured it would be fun...I just didn't know how much fun!All of these photos were taken with my Canon 7D and my 15mm Sigma fisheye lens. The previous and next photo were taken with available light only.

Here's Evanthea looking at me through the bubble
Alexandra wanted me to add some light. Quite honestly, I was a little lazy to grab my flashes so I wanted to see what the dreaded on camera pop up flash could do. All of the remaining photos were shot with the pop up flash...not bad for something every photog (present company included) frowns upon!!

Alexandra also likes to push the bend of the fisheye - she likes that "what??" warp! :)
I was trying to teach the girls about perspective. Sort of an abstract concept for a 4 1/2 and a 6 year old...so we played around an got this shot. They get it now!!
Hope you enjoyed my series of interpretations - Jess will get hers up soon! ;)