Tuesday, January 25, 2011

#33 Idea Making and How I Make Something


My life is governed by ideas - I am fortunate to have a career that is built upon creativity and I LOVE IT! I have to constantly keep fresh and keep up new ideas. A lot of people have asked me how I do it - where to do I get these ideas.

Some ideas are from other photographers - I see a shot I really like, I save it to my computer and then I study it. I then try to put my own twist to the idea and make it my own. I do give credit for the really creative ideas that I mimic - as I feel other photographers should.

Other ideas are from my kids - both of my kids are pretty creative and they come up with some fun ideas!

Sometimes I'll just randomly Google things when I don't feel like getting stuff done. I come across some fun marketing ideas that way.

But my favorite ideas stem from negativity of others - yes, you read that right! All my life, I have always taken "you can't do that" as a challenge of how I can. Most recently was my random thought of having a bride and groom do snow angels during their reception...I was told I can't. Well, I think the photo says it all! ;)

How do I make things happen? I open my mouth for starters! Those of you who know me, know I am not afraid to ask or talk. If I need help, I'll ask. If I don't agree with something, I have no problems either saying something or excusing myself from the situation. I think that's the best way to get things done - use your brain first, then your mouth! :)

Keep an eye out for some of our new ideas coming up this year - see if you can figure out how I developed that idea!

No comments: