Friday, January 7, 2011

Optical Illusions

I love that my kids dig art - I really do! I think it's amazing when a 6 and 5 year old get excited about "seeing it" in a picture (painting/drawing/photo)!

Our new topic is optical illusions. Evanthea (my 5 year old) and I poured over photo after photo - she begged me for more after figuring it out. It's no surprise - her favorite artist is Salvadore Dali and she wants to be a photographer (and a dentist...practical idea, if you ask me).

I mentioned to them that I thought it would be cool if we tried to do the Rubin's vase photo with the two of them. They really wanted to try. I explained it would be hard to do - they were willing to sit still to get it right. We came close (photo above) - I still want to try it again when we have time to slick their hair down and get it right...but I believe things happen for a reason - we were destined to do that photo shoot because I got my favorite shot of them as sisters (see next photo)!
And here's just a silly outtake! Evanthea (right) said she can make a better vase by scowling! :)
We're going to try again! Hopefully soon! :)

1 comment:

Me said...

LOL Your kids are a riot, and so stinkin' SMART! Love it, love all the pics!!! Love the need to scowl for proper vaseface. hahahaha