Sunday, January 16, 2011

#63 You Are Here


How many of you remember that giant red dot on the maps at the malls? With the big words "you are HERE" next to it. I remember my brother and I thought it was the funniest thing in the world - how did they know where we were? And, more importantly, if it showed where I was...how can my brother be at the same exact spot? Our mom didn't find the same amusement in it.

Now, as an adult, I find a slight comfort in the "you are HERE" red dot when I look at the mall maps...or as our culture has matured to - GPS. On our GPS, the "you are here" had become that silly triangle that points you in the right direction. I find comfort in that dot and that arrow because, I figure...they always are pointing me in the right direction!

I like the little red dot or the blue triangle because it seems to ground me...I am HERE. How profound...because I am a planner and I am usually 5 steps ahead of myself, causing myself to be...well, honestly - there. Sometimes that little dot or triangle reminds me that I am here.

No comments: